Making money blogging has become a bit of a cliché, with some people under the misapprehension that it is easy to do and requires little more than the setting up of a Blog – and then the populating of that Blog with lots of content.
If only things were so easy!
This is not to suggest that you cannot make money with a Blog – you certainly can – as we show you in The Laptop Entrepreneur! However, to do so, you need to know exactly what you are doing right from the start, or be very lucky.
Obviously, relying on luck is not something that anyone with any sense does, if they are relying upon developing a business designed to produce an income. So, knowing how to go about setting up a successful Blog, before you go to any trouble or expense, is vital.
The Laptop Entrepreneur the book that shows you how to make an income on the Internet
So, what can you do to help ensure that your Blog will be successful – and that you will make money with your Blog?
- Research. You must research your marketplace before you do anything. Is it accessible, what is the existing competition like (how strong) and is there actually money to be made in your intended area? Make sure that there is commercial viability, that people spend money within your intended area of operation.
- Niche. Can you define, create or exploit a niche that will enable you to enter the marketplace effectively? In other words, can you provide something different and ‘eye-catching’ that will be attractive to your target market? Try not to do what everyone else is doing!
- Get your own domain name, your own hosting (thus being totally independent) and an excellent publishing platform such as WordPress – which is user-friendly, powerful and ideal for Blogging.
- Publish frequently. The more you publish the better, initially, as you need to get ‘granularity’ and build up the content and ‘depth’ of your site.
- Be consistent with your quality and develop a compelling style that is authoritative. Blogs work well when they are personal. So, write in the 1st person, present tense (wherever possible) and hold opinions (ones you can defend – however controversial).
- Search Engine Optimise (SEO) all your Posts carefully. Use relevant and well researched search terms, Tag your posts properly and SEO all your images.
- Sustain your Blog. You may be successful instantly but most Blogs take time to gain momentum and ‘traffic’. Keep publishing, be determined and check your statistics for what appeals to your audience and try to give them what they want – an interesting and reliable information stream whether polemic, fun or useful.
Good luck – have fun and make money!
For Print Book $22.99 For Kindle Version $9.20 For PDF Version $9.20